New York City Children's Cabinet
Established in 2014, the NYC Children’s Cabinet seeks to drive coordination and efficiency across city departments; mobilize resources around the Mayor’s priorities for children; strengthen partnerships with the non-profit and private sectors; and facilitate a holistic approach to serving children by aligning agency policies that affect children’s health, safety, and well-being. The Children’s Cabinet is composed of 24 City agencies and Mayoral offices.
The Children’s Cabinet goals are to:
- Strengthen partnerships across agencies to meet the needs of vulnerable children and families
- Engage in collaborative problem solving and share and leverage each other’s resources
- Enhance communication between and among agencies
- Inform children’s policies and programs by utilizing linked administrative data from multiple agency systems.
- Set protocols for access to information, resolving policy conflicts, engaging in joint training and program development and coordinating service delivery.