Dentist Professional License



Education, Department of State
Dentists need a Dentist Professional License to practice in New York State. This license is from the NYS Department of Education (NYSDOE).

Applicants must have a degree from a dental college and pass an exam.

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Phone: (518) 474-3817
Fax: (518) 402-2323
TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.