Coin Processing License



State, Department of State
People or businesses that process or exchange coins need a license. This license comes from the New York State Department of State (NYSDOS).

Applicants must meet insurance requirements. Applicants must provide fingerprints on their application.

Banks and supermarkets that provide coin counting machines do not need this license. Armored car carriers do not need this license.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of State
123 William Street, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10038-3804
Phone: (518) 473-2492

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.