Affordable Connectivity Program
New Yorkers can now apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program for up to $30 off their monthly internet bill.
New Yorkers who already received the Emergency Broadband Benefit in 2021 and who qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program will be automatically enrolled in the new program.
Help us to spread the word about the Affordable Connectivity Program!
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) gives a discount on your household's monthly broadband internet service, if you are eligible. Participating broadband providers will apply this discount to your broadband plan.
If eligible, your household can receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (you will need to pay a copay between $10 and $50)
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household
Your household may be eligible if someone in the household falls under just one of these criteria :
- If a household income is 200% or less than the federal poverty guideline (ex: at or less than $35,775 for a household of 4)
- If you or your child or dependent participate in certain government assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or other programs
- If you or your child or dependent already receives a Lifeline benefit
- If a child in your household attend an NYC public school that participates in the free or reduced lunch program (all NYC public schools do!)
- Note: You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible. If you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), you can provide other documents.
- Note: Additionally, customers are not required to submit to a credit check.
Learn more about if you qualify
How to Apply: Two Steps to Enroll
- Go to acpbenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
- Note: enrollment is not complete until the provider confirms your plan.
Some providers may have an alternative application they will ask you to complete. Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Learn more about applying
Download the graphics
Suggested Posting Text
📣 Get a discount on your Internet bill! Enroll now in this federal program that will keep your internet affordable for years to come: ACPBenefit.org
Want help reducing the cost of internet service? Apply now and qualify for up to $30 off your monthly bill for long-term service and affordability! ACPBenefit.org
Get up to $30 now!
Need help keeping the Internet on? Apply before the end of the year and get $30 off your monthly bill: ACPBenefit.org
Multilingual posting text available