Stuffed Cabbage with Chicken
- 2 skinless chicken cutlets (trimmed of any visible fat)
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- ½ head cauliflower
- 8 oz. reduced fat or fat-free mozzarella, shredded
- 1 T. sofrito (salt-free)
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 12 oz. can salt free tomato sauce
- pinch of salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ package Sazón with Achiote
1. Preheat the oven to 350º.
2. Mix all sofrito ingredients together in a blender or food processor, and puree until consistency of a smooth paste.
3. Steam cabbage leaves around 5 minutes until limp in 6 quart stock pot filled with boiling water to which a pinch of salt has been added, then drain and set aside to cool.
4. Dice chicken and caulifl ower into cubes and season with sofrito.
5. In a heated saucepan, sauté chicken and cauliflower with olive oil until it is well cooked.
6. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of the baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
7. Stuff each cabbage leaf with chicken mixture; roll securely, and tuck in ends.
8. Place in baking dish and add tomato sauce; sprinkle on top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake in oven until cheese is melted about 15 minutes.
Nutritional Information – Per Serving
Calories from Fat 225
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25.0g
Saturated Fat 9.1g
Trans Fat 0.1g
Total Carbohydrates 25.8g
Dietary Fiber 8.0g
Vitamin A 23%
Vitamin C 85%
* Based on a 2000 Calorie Diet
Source: Woodhull Hospital / North Brooklyn Health Network
Return to Recipe List