Pine Nut Cookies
3 dozen cookies
- 4 egg whites (4oz.)
- 1 c. sugar or 1.7 oz Splenda (48 packets)
- 4 oz. almond paste, cut in small pieces
- 8 oz. pine nuts
- ¾ c. each white and whole wheat flours
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. With a whisk, hand mixer, or standing mixer, in a large bowl beat the eggs with the vanilla extract until fluffy. You may use an electric mixer either hand held or counter top model.
2. Add the sugar and almond paste cut into small pieces and mix well. Add the eggs and flour, alternately.
3. Roll 1 teaspoon dough between slightly damp hands. (If dough is too soft to handle, place in freezer for 2 to 2½ hours before continuing cookie preparation.)
4. Roll dough into pine nuts and place on a cookie sheet greased with cooking oil spray, and press the cookie dough mixture down to the size of a quarter.
5. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes until cookies are slightly brown around the edges.
6. Allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Nutritional Information – Per Serving
Calories from Fat 94
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10.4g
Saturated Fat 0.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 11.4g
Dietary Fiber 0.9g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
* Based on a 2000 Calorie Diet
Source: Woodhull Hospital / North Brooklyn Health Network
Return to Recipe List