- 3/8 c. each white flour and whole wheat flour
- ½ t baking powder
- 3/8 c. sugar, or .85 oz. Splenda (18 packets)
- ¾ c. 1% fat or skim milk
- 2 c. canned peach slices in natural juices, not in syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Baking spray or vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350º.
2. Grease an 8 by 10 inch baking pan with the cooking spray.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, and then add the salt and sugar, combining thoroughly.
4. Add the milk to the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Do not stir.
5. Place the peaches on the top of the batter, being careful not to disturb the batter.
6. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown.
7. Optional fruit can be used such as cherries, berries or pears.
Nutritional Information – Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 53.2g
Dietary Fiber 1.1g
Vitamin A 5%
Vitamin C 6%
* Based on a 2000 Calorie Diet
Source: Woodhull Hospital / North Brooklyn Health Network
Return to Recipe List