Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 10 oz. fresh or 1 box frozen green beans thawed
- 10 oz. fresh or 1 box frozen fresh peas thawed
- 8 oz. jar pimientos, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. onions, finely chopped
- ½ c. sugar or 1 oz. Splenda (24 packets)
- ¾ c. balsamic or champagne (or white wine) vinegar
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. water
1. Drain all the vegetables and combine together in a mixing bowl.
2. Make the marinade by combining the Splenda, vinegar, oil, and water in a mixing bowl, mix with a fork or whisk.
3. Place the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. Then pour the marinade over the vegetables, mix well with a spoon, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
5. Mix well before serving.
Nutritional Information – Per Serving
Calories from Fat 62
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6.9g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 22.3g
Dietary Fiber 3.3g
Vitamin A 17%
Vitamin C 27%
* Based on a 2000 Calorie Diet
Source: Woodhull Hospital / North Brooklyn Health Network
Return to Recipe List