- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 4 oz. raisins, soaked for 3 hours in water
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 T. low fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 T. lemon juice
1. Grate the carrots and put aside.
2. Core, then cut the apple evenly into cubes and soak in lemon juice placed into a cup and a half of water to prevent browning.
3. Chop the celery stalk into a fine dice.
4. Drain the apple, and place in a mixing bowl with all the other ingredients and mix well.
5. Place covered in the refrigerator, and serve when chilled.
Nutritional Information – Per Serving
Calories from Fat 73
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.1g
Saturated Fat 0.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 65.7g
Dietary Fiber 6.2g
Vitamin A 206%
Vitamin C 21%
* Based on a 2000 Calorie Diet
Source: Woodhull Hospital / North Brooklyn Health Network
Return to Recipe List