- 1 qt. 1% fat or skim milk
- 5 large eggs or 10 egg whites (10oz.)
- 1 c. sugar or 1.7 oz Splenda (48 packets)
- 1½ loaves white or whole wheat bread
- ¼ stick butter or margarine
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 small box of raisins or 4 oz.
- Baking cooking spray or vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350º.
2. Remove and discard the bread crust, cut remaining bread into 1-inch cubes.
3. Place bread, milk and sugar into a blender or food processor, and blend quickly. Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in vanilla extract.
4. Place bread mixture in large bowl, add the eggs slowly in a continuous stream, followed by the butter mixture and combine all ingredients well.
5. Grease a 9 by 11 inch baking dish with cooking spray, add the bread mixture, then wait 5 minutes for the mixture to settle and scatter raisins in the mixture.
6. Bake at 350º for 1½ hours. Test center with a toothpick for doneness; the toothpick should come out clean.
|Nutritional Information – Per Serving|
Calories from Fat 36
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4.0g
Saturated Fat 0.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 38.7g
Dietary Fiber 4.3g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 0%
* Based on a 2000 Calorie Diet
Source: Woodhull Hospital / North Brooklyn Health Network
Return to Recipe List