Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for Summer Streets!
Are you looking for a great way to have some fun in August and help 300,000 New Yorkers and guests enjoy a unique, car-free experience in the City?
If so, Summer Streets is coming and we are looking for amazing volunteers to support this exciting NYC event.
On the first three Saturdays in August, from the Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park, 7 miles of streets will be closed to cars for six hours to allow walkers, runners, cyclists and people of all ages to take back the streets and enjoy many free activities along the route.
As you can imagine, it takes a lot of people to ensure these great events run smoothly. Enjoy Summer Streets from a different perspective as a part of the Summer Streets team and help inspire participants to climb rock walls, fly down zip lines and water slides, enjoy music, games and many other activities and help direct and inform people to ensure they have a great day!
We offer our volunteers a flexible schedule and benefits that make it easy and enjoyable to get involved.
- Summer Streets is held Saturdays, August 6th, 13th and 20th from 7am-1pm.
- Three shifts occur each day – 6:30am-1:00pm, 6:30am-10:30am and 10:00am-1:30pm.
- Volunteers need to be 16 years of age or older and be able to work outside in variable weather. In August, it will likely be hot! Please dress accordingly for the weather the day you are working.
- All volunteers will receive a commemorative shirt and goodie bag packed with great gifts and snacks from our sponsors.
You can work a full-shift, or if you prefer, a half-shift so that you can also participate in the event yourself. And don’t worry, we will make it worth your while to get up early and work a full-shift.
How To Sign Up
- The links below will take you to our registration page. Select the link that corresponds to the day you would like to volunteer.
- Before you click on a link, choose the area in which you would like to work from the event map.
- After clicking on the link of the day you would like to work, please follow the instructions at the top of the registration page to select your location and time and enter your contact information.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have registered. You will also receive volunteer updates leading up to the event, including times and dates for volunteer trainings and other important and exciting updates. The volunteer trainings will be held one evening the week before each event day. Details regarding the training will follow by email.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis until all shifts are filled.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond quickly with your answers.
Saturday, August 6th – https://www.timetosignup.com/ideko/sheet/57984
Saturday, August 13th – https://www.timetosignup.com/ideko/sheet/57985
Saturday, August 20th – https://www.timetosignup.com/ideko/sheet/57986