OMB fulfills this mission by:
• Serving as the Mayor’s chief financial advisor;
• Developing and executing the city’s expense and capital budgets;
• Overseeing the budgets of nearly 90 city agencies and related entities;
• Enhancing operations management citywide, and evaluating the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of city services and proposals and the fiscal impact of local, state, and national legislation;
• Providing vital information to government officials on the local, national, and world economies;
• Implementing the city's borrowing and bond programs and conducting legal reviews of capital projects for financing with bond proceeds; and
• Integrating environmental sustainability and resiliency into the city's financial planning to address current and future climate risks.