Fire Department In-Building Auxiliary Radio Communication System Permit
- A permit is required to maintain or operate a fire department in-building auxiliary radio communication system.
Cost of Permit
- Before any work can proceed, the Building Owner/Management shall file design plans with the NYC Dept. of Buildings and the FDNY Technology Management Unit for review.
- Before final approval is issued, the Fire Department In-Building Auxiliary Radio Communication System shall be subject to a formal Acceptance Test Plan (ATP) of all components and the system as a whole.
- At the conclusion of successful acceptance testing, a renewable permit shall be issued for the Fire Department Auxiliary Radio Communication System by the FDNY.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness
- FDNY Company Certificate
- Certificate of Fitness:
B-03 Testing of In-Building Auxiliary Radio Communication Systems
Fire Alarms Unit will handle initial appointment and testing of the system, with the District Office conducting annual permit renewal inspections.
Get the Following Fire Code Chapter:
For More Information:
For assistance with applying for and receiving Permits and Letters of Approval on FDNY Business, contact the FDNY Customer Service Center by dialing 311, or via email at FDNY.BusinessSupport@FDNY.nyc.gov.
<Back To Permits