CareerReady WLG offers young people ages 16 to 19 from select public schools in New York City an opportunity to strengthen work readiness skills, explore careers, and receive academic support, including guidance on postsecondary education and the potential to earn college credit.
What Does the Program Offer?
- College Readiness: Learn skills to make a smooth transition from high school to college and “real’ world
- SKill-Building Activities: Receive help with your resume, cover letters, and interview skills. Learn essential job readiness skills and workplace etiquette.
- Earn College Credit: Opportunity to take a College Now course through CUNY and receive college credit
- Career Exploration: Flex your research skills and discover new career possibilities.
- Paid Internship: Paid internship opportunities available in a variety of industries to accommodate your career interests
Who is Eligible?
- 16-19 years old as of October 4th, 2023
- enrolled in one of the Career Ready WLG schools
- a participant of the 2023 SYEP Program
- a resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City
- legally allowed to work in the US
The CareerReady WLG application is currently closed.
To obtain a paper application, you must contact the provider affiliated with your school to receive the Career Ready WLG Application package.
*** Internet access is required to participate in CareerReady WLG. Please let your provider know if you do not have an internet connected device including a smart phone, iPad, or computer***
*The Department of Youth and Community Development is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.