September 30th, 2020
Resolution of the Civic Engagement Commission delegating the Chair, and to staff designated by the Chair, the following duties and responsibilities:
- By January 1, 2020, make available on the Commission's website a proposed methodology to determine the poll sites and languages covered by the Commission's Poll Site Language Assistance Program pursuant to section 3202 of the New York City Charter. The proposed methodology shall be the Draft Proposed Methodology presented at the meeting of the Commissioners held on December 18, 2019, with such further appropriate amendments as the Chair may make, provided that such amendments shall be provided to Commissioners in advance of the proposed methodology being made available on the website and that the proposed methodology as amended shall be substantially similar to the Draft Proposed Methodology.
- Submit plans, initiatives and substantially related matters for Commission review and approval in relation to the core functions of the Commission set forth in Chapter 76 of the Charter.
- Pending the submission of plans, initiatives and other matters pursuant to paragraph (1) of this resolution, pursue interim initiatives, in cooperation with other public and private entities, in furtherance of the core functions of the Commission provided that the Chair shall report to the Commission regularly on such interim initiatives;
- Recruit candidates for membership of the participatory budgeting and language assistance advisory committees to be established pursuant to section 3202 of the Charter, and present proposed candidates for such committees to the Commission;
- Enter into agreements with other City agencies, consistent with sections 1121 and 3204 of the Charter, to provide or share in the performance of administrative functions for the Commission in furtherance of the Commission's mission; and
- Take all steps necessary to ensure that the Commission may meet as appropriate, including scheduling, determining locations and providing notice of meetings and hearings, as well as preparing and distributing agendas and determining the order of business for meetings and hearings, provided that a meeting shall be scheduled upon the written request of seven members and that any member may move at a Commission meeting to add to or change the agenda or order of business for the meeting or a future meeting.
- Prepare and submit reports on behalf of the Commission as required by law, provided that the Chair must receive Commission approval prior to submitting a report required by chapter 76 of the New York City Charter, and that the Chair annually provides a list of reports not requiring Commission approval. The Commission hereby ratifies and approves any reports submitted by the Chair to public officials prior to the date of adoption of this subdivision.
Read the Resolution in full here
January 7th, 2021 - Amendments to Final Methodology
Final Methodology Procedures Amendment - 6-1-2021
Final Methodology Procedures Amendment (as amended) - 6-1-2021