Plumbing Permits

Work involving the alteration, rearrangement, relocation, or permanent removal of any piping must be supervised by a Licensed Master Plumber (LMP) or Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractor. The Licensed Master Plumber or Fire Suppression Piping Contractor must obtain permits from the Department and arrange for necessary tests and inspections of completed work by a DOB Inspector.

Work that Does Not Require a Permit

Simple repairs or direct replacement of existing faucets or fixtures such as toilets and sinks are considered cosmetic work and do not require a permit. Direct replacement involves work that does not alter or change the fixture's hot and cold water shutoff valves or fixture trap.

Additional Information

Helpful Links