Instructions for OTCR Electrical Equipment Review
Effective 07/11/19 the Office of Technical Certification and Research (OTCR) will be reviewing all requests for approval of Electrical Equipment not currently approved by the New York City Electrical Code.
Submission must be made by either hand delivering the submission documents to 280 Broadway, New York, NY 10007, 7th floor, or by mailing the submission documents to 280 Broadway, New York, NY 10007, 7th floor, Attn: OTCR.
The submission must include a notarized OTCR2 application and a check in the amount of $600.00, made payable to the Department of Buildings. The submission must also include:
- The applicants contact information, including the applicants email address.
- Type/Model numbers of material/equipment being submitted for approval.
- Items included in support of submittal.
- Explanatory information or comments if applicable.
- Product literature, or catalog data sheets, and a set of unmounted photographs, as applicable.
- Product listing report or field evaluation report from an approved testing agency (1 RCNY 101-07).
NOTE: Equipment samples must only be provided when requested by OTCR.
Upon successful completion of the OTCR2 application, applicants will receive a decision via email and in the form of a letter mailed to the address provided in the submittal.
For Electrical Contractors:
- The applicant will receive the decision on the equipment request as described above.
- If approved, the Electrical Contractor must provide the OTCR2 job number in the job description section of the electrical application.
- If approved, the Electrical Contractor must upload the approval letter to the Documents section of the electrical application.