Administration for Children's Services311Search all websites

Reporting Concerns

You can always speak to your ACS or provider agency caseworkers or supervisors if you have any questions or concerns about your child’s case planning and services. In addition, you can contact the following offices:

ACS Office of Advocacy

ACS Office of Advocacy (OOA) is staffed with social workers and family specialists who respond to the concerns of youth in ACS custody. The OOA receives inquiries from parents, youth and the public to address the concerns and resolve conflicts between the families and the ACS program or provider agencies.

You may contact the Advocacy office if you have any concerns about your child’s well-being in a juvenile detention, placement, or community-based program:

Helpline number: (212) 676-9421
Collect call for incarcerated parents: (212) 619-1309
TTY: (212) 442-1447
By Mail or In Person: 150 William Street, 1st Floor, New York, NY 10038

New York State Justice Center

The New York State Justice Center operates a statewide incident reporting system, known as the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR), which receives, investigates and tracks allegations of abuse and neglect of youth in care. If you believe your child has been abused or neglected in one of ACS’ juvenile residential programs, you can call the VPCR hotline:

Toll Free: (855) 373-2122

TTY: (855) 373-2123

Programs & Initiatives