Fight a Summons
*Text OATHreminder to (917) 451-8829 to get text message reminders about your case. If you are unrepresented and need assistance, text OATHhelp to (917) 451-8829 for help.*
- Latest Update: OATH is holding remote hearings, trials, conferences, and Help Center sessions. In-person appearances are also available upon request.
All hearings must be requested and prescheduled before the scheduled hearing date. You can request a Hearing by Phone or a Hearing in Person.
Click here to view a flyer regarding the following options. (Español) (اللغة العربية) (বাংলা) (中文) (Français) (Kreyòl) (한국어) (Polskie) (Русском) (اردو)
OATH’s Help Center is conducting remote Help Sessions. If you are self-represented and you want assistance with your case, please visit the Help Center section of this website to learn more.
- Hearing by Phone: Most hearings are being conducted by phone. You must request your phone hearing three (3) business days before your hearing date. To request and schedule your Hearing by Phone, please fill out this online request form.
- Hearing in Person: You can request an in-person hearing. The request must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five (5) business days before the hearing date. You will then receive an email with date, time and location information for your hearing. Please note that enforcement agencies that send representatives to hearings will continue to appear by phone for all hearings. No enforcement agency personnel will be present at in-person hearings.
- Online Hearing (One-Click Hearing): You can fight your summons by sending OATH Hearings Division a defense using a simple online form. You must make sure your case is eligible and the form must be submitted on or before the scheduled hearing date.
- Hearing by Mail: You can fight your summons by sending the OATH Hearings Division a defense in writing by regular mail. You must make sure your case is eligible and the defense must be received by OATH before the scheduled hearing date.
Read the updated Chief Judge’s Order.
Download the above “Responding to a Summons at OATH” informational brochure in full here: (English) (Español) (اللغة العربية) (বাংলা) (中文) (Français) (Kreyòl) (한국어) (Polskie) (Русском) (اردو)