Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings311Search all websites

Help for Military Veterans

If You Are A Military Veteran And You Do Not Have A Lawyer Or A Paid, Professional, Registered Representative:

OATH will provide you with the opportunity to speak with an OATH Procedural Justice Coordinator who can provide you with information and resources to help you prepare for your case. These individuals can provide you with information about the hearing process, the options available to you, and answer questions that you may have. These individuals *cannot* provide you with legal advice. Free foreign language services are available upon request.

OATH maintains a strong working relationship with NYC's Department of Veterans' Services and our Procedural Justice Coordinators can refer you to specialized agents at the Department of Veterans Services who can help you address specific needs of military veterans including:

  • Ensure that homeless Veterans have permanent housing and access to the support services needed to maintain their home;
  • Process VA claims so that Veterans are receiving the benefits that they are entitled to from their time in service and making sure that Veterans are receiving other benefits that are due them;
  • Provide wellness calls as part of its Mission: VetCheck initiative and Veteran Voices Project;
  • Through its Final Honors program make certain that eligible unclaimed and homeless Veterans are given dignified burials at a national cemetery.

More links to helpful information for military veterans can be found below.

*In order to schedule an appointment with the OATH Help Center, please email us at or call us at (212) 436-0845.*

Please note, that all appointments with the OATH Help Center should be made prior to the day of your hearing.

Telephonic Help sessions are being provided as a result of the current COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus circumstances. If you are requesting assistance from the Help Center, please either send an email or call the number above. Please do not do both.

OATH Fact Sheets that May be Helpful to Military Veterans:
What is a Summons?
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs ("DCA") Settlements
Helpful Information for Food Vendors/Food Carts
Summonses Where Your Property Was Taken Away

More Resources:
How to Apply for a DCA License
How to Renew a DCA License
General Vendors ONLY - Invoice Search Request Form
Food Vendors ONLY - Invoice Search Request Form

Information from Department of Veterans Services:
NYC Department of Veterans' Services Veteran Resource Guide
NYS Division of Veterans' Services Veteran Resource Guide
US Dept. of Veterans Affairs Supportive Services for Veteran Families - NYC Partners