Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities311Search all websites


Homeless Prevention/Shelters

The following organizations provide rent assistance as well as emergency housing for people facing homelessness.

Family Eviction Prevention Services (FEPS and City FEPS)

FEPS is a housing supplement to help prevent evictions and provides rental support to families for up to five years. A household must be in housing court, be receiving public assistance, and have one child under the age of 18 to apply. Call the appropriate borough.

  • Bronx Works: 718-637-2643
  • Camba (Brooklyn Staten Island and Queens): 718-675-3373
  • Catholic Charities (Manhattan/Bronx): 212-862-6401
  • Queens Community House: 718-592-5757

More Information on FEPS

Back to Top

Special Exit and Prevention Supplement (SEPS)

SEPS is a subsidy that is meant to aid individuals and adult families who are in need of stable housing. It provides rent assistance for one year with the possibility of renewals. Individuals who have experienced domestic violence, have served in the military, have been evicted or are staying in a shelter, are welcome to apply. Applicants must receive public assistance to qualify.

  • RBSCC (Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island): 917-819-3200 or 347-295-3738
  • Bronx Works (Bronx and Manhattan): 929-252-7110

More information SEPS

Back to Top


Homebase is a homelessness prevention network with 23 locations across the 5 boroughs of New York City.

When you go to Homebase they will gather information to determine if you are eligible for their services and they will discuss your concerns. The staff will work with you to ensure you have access to necessary resources and if you enroll to receive Homebase services they will make a plan with you to address your concerns.

Homebase Locations

Back to Top

HPD Emergency Housing Services

The Emergency Housing Services (EHS) unit provides emergency relocation services and rehousing assistance to households who have been displaced from their homes as a result of fires or city-issued vacate orders. Displaced households are placed in family centers and single-room-occupancy hotels in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens.

Phone: 212-863-8561

Emergency Housing Services Website

Back to Top

Homeless Shelters

General Information

Interpreter assistance will be made available for people who do not speak English.

Reasonable accommodations can be requested during intake process. People with disabilities are encouraged to bring medical documentation to request reasonable accommodations. After going through intake, people with disabilities will be transferred to a shelter facility that most suits their needs.

Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form

Department of Homeless Services Intake Centers

Single Women

Help Single Women's Shelter
116 William Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11207

Franklin Women's Shelter
1122 Franklin Avenue, Bronx NY 10456

Information on Single Adult shelters

Single Men

400-430 East 30th Street, New York, NY 10016
Information on Single Adult shelters

Families with Children under 21

151 East 151st Street, Bronx, NY 10451
Information on Families with Children shelters

Families with Children 21 and over

400-430 East 30th Street, New York, NY 10016
Information on Adult Family shelters

Back to Top