The City of New York and the Building and Construction Trades Council (BCTC) of Greater New York have been parties to various Project Labor Agreements (PLAs) since 2009. These PLAs have been an important component of the City's completion and delivery of public works by establishing consistent works rules across construction projects, reducing the administrative burden and costs on construction agencies, and providing opportunities for City residents and businesses. The recent PLAs also increase opportunities and adds flexibility for Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs), allowing their workforce to gain valuable experience on city projects and build their companies and provide good paying career opportunities for low-income communities.
The City has multiple PLAs:
• The 2020 New Construction PLA covers select new construction projects let by City agencies
o 2020 New Construction PLA Notice to Bidders and FAQ
• The 2020 Citywide Renovation PLA covers certain renovation construction work on City-owned buildings and structures let by the following City agencies: Department of Design & Construction (DDC); Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS); Department of Sanitation (DSNY); Department of Parks & Recreation (DPR); Administration for Children’s Services (ACS); Department for the Aging (DFTA); Department of Homeless Services (DHS); Department of Correction (DOC); Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH); Human Resources Administration (HRA); Fire Department (FDNY); Police Department (NYPD); Department of Buildings (DOB); and Department of Transportation (DOT)
o 2020 Citywide Renovation PLA Notice to Bidders and FAQ
• The 2021 DEP Renovation PLA covers certain renovation construction work at DEP facilities let by DEP.
o 2021 DEP Renovation PLA Notice to Bidders and FA
• The 2021 Design-Build Buildings PLA covers new construction, renovation and rehabilitation of city owned buildings and structures procured through the design-build procurement method let by the following City agencies: Department of Design and Construction (DDC), Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
• The 2021 DDC Project Specific Design-Build Infrastructure covers select infrastructure projects let by DDC.
Please note that the New York City School Construction Authority (SCA), New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA), and New York City Health + Hospitals Corporation (H+H) each have their own distinct PLAs.