Research & Publications
To better grasp the challenges and opportunities facing the City, CGE supports research and analysis of issues relevant to its three focus areas of Economic Mobility & Opportunity, Health & Reproductive Justice, and Safety.
- Advancing Gender Equity through Legislation This compilation of laws passed from 2014-2020 provides New York City residents with information about legislation passed under the de Blasio administration that aims to promote gender equity in the city.
- Advancing Gender Equity through Executive Orders, Directives and Programs: 2014-2020 Learn about the executive orders, directives and programs, which provide New York City residents with significant gender-equity gains under the de Blasio administration between 2014 and 2020.
- Advancing Gender Equity During Crisis, Annual Report 2020 CGE's 2020 Annual Report covers the twelve month period from January through December 2020 and presents the goals for January through December 2021.
- Challenges in Obtaining Pay Equity in the Workplace: A Report on the 2019 Public Hearing on Pay Equity In September 2019, the Commission on Gender Equity, the Commission on Human Rights, the Department for Consumer and Worker Protection, and the NYC Bar Association hosted a Public Hearing on Pay Equity. Insight, recommendations, and ideas based on testimony heard from advocates, workers, community leaders, and experts across fields are captured in this report.
- Engaging Communities to Advance Gender Equity, Annual Report 2019 CGE's 2019 Annual Report covers the twelve month period from January through December 2019 and presents the goals for January through December 2020.
- Key FY 2020 NYC Budget Highlights for Women and Girls, and Transgender and Gender Non-Binary New Yorkers This document identifies key Fiscal Year 2020 Budget items that demonstrate the Administration's commitment to gender and racial equity, with a focus on new and expanded efforts, as they relate to CGE's three areas of focus: Economic Mobility and Opportunity, Health and Reproductive Justice, and Safety.
- 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence Campaign Recap 2018 The Commission on Gender Equity and the Mayor's Office to End Domestic and Gender-Based Violence led NYC's 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign between November 25th and December 10th, 2018. Read our Campaign Recap and learn more about how you can continue to combat gender-based violence year-round in your community.
- Advancing Gender Equity in New York City, Annual Report 2018 CGE's 2018 Annual Report covers the twelve month period from January through December 2018 and presents the goals for January through December 2019.
- Sexual Health Education in New York City – Findings and Recommendations In July 2018, the Sexual Health Education Task Force released its final findings report about the state of sexual health education in New York City schools. The report outlines recommendations to improve health education in New York City schools.
- Advancing Gender Equity in New York City—2018-2021 Strategic Plan Strategic The Commission on Gender Equity's Strategic Plan announces the Commission's goals and strategies to advance gender equity in New York City through the remainder of the de Blasio administration.
- Leveling the Paying Field: Best Practices for Gender Equity in the Workplace the City's resource guide to advance pay equity in the workplace. The report describes various public policies that remove barriers to pay equity and delineates action steps that employers, from all sectors, can take to achieve pay equity in the workplace.
- Gender Equity Matters, Annual Report 2015-2017 CGE's first Annual Report highlights the programs and activities from June 2015 through December 2017.