Special Inspection Agency (SIA)
Request to Change Director
Follow these instructions to change SIA Primary and Technical Directors. Changes may include adding, replacing, or removing Primary and Technical Directors.
STEP 1: Complete SIA1 Application
Complete all sections except Section 6 of the SIA1: Special Inspection Agency Registration form. Be sure to include the following information:
- Section 1 – Mark Change and Director options.
- Section 4 – Include information for Primary Director:
- The named Primary Director will not be accepted if included on the registration for another SIA.
- If the Primary Director is being removed from the registration without a replacement, then the SIA registration will be suspended (status changed to Inactive). The SIA will not be eligible to perform special inspections until a new Primary director is added to the registration.
- Provide handwritten Social Security Number. (PE/ RA Directors ONLY)
- Section 5 – Include information for Technical Directors:
- The names Technical Director(s) will not be accepted if included on the registration for another SIA.
- Section 9 – Provide name, date, signature and seal for all Directors to be included on the new registration.
STEP 2: Complete Letter Outlining Requested Change(s)
The letter must be provided on agency letterhead and must detail the reason for the requested change in Director(s). The letter must be signed by the Primary Director.
STEP 3: Submit Documentation
Submit the SIA1 application and the letter outlining requested change(s) to:
New York City Department of Buildings
Licensing and Exams Unit
Attn: Special Inspection Agency Registration
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007