Transportation   >  Licenses and Permits  
Sign up for E-mail Updates

Advanced Search
Public Transportation
Taxi / Limousine Services
Airport Information
Cycling and Walking
Accessibility for the Disabled
Licenses and Permits
Items 1- 9 of 9

Driver Licenses
The NYS Department of Motor Vehicles has information on the steps to getting a driver license.
Driver License Renewals
You can renew a driver license no more than one year before the expiration date, or no more than two years after the expiration date.
Licenses for Taxi Drivers
Get requirements information and download the license to drive a taxi in New York City from the Taxi and Limousine Commission.
Lost or Stolen Permits (in PDF)
If your parking permit for persons with disabilities was stolen or lost, download this form to report it missing.
Non-Driver Photo Identification Cards
A person of any age who does not have a driver license can apply to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for a non-driver photo identification card.
Owner Licenses from the Taxi and Limousine Commission
Get information on obtaining or renewing an Owner License from the Taxi and Limousine Commission.
Parking Permits
The Department of Transportation (DOT) issues parking permits for businesses, nonprofit organizations, and New York City residents with disabilities to allow them to park in designated areas. Visit DOT's e-Permits page, which allows users to apply for and renew permits online.
Parking Permits for Clergy
Get instructions on applying for a clergy parking permit and download the application.
Vehicle Permits for Commercial Use (Express Lane and Oversize/Overweight)
The Department of Transportation issues Express Lane permits - enabling ambulettes, commuter vans, shuttles, and other mass transit fleets to use high occupancy vehicle lanes - and oversize/overweight vehicle permits. Businesses that operate a commercial vehicle that requires an Express Lane permit or an oversized vehicle should visit this site, which provides permitting and regulatory information.
Page:  1