Temporary Amusement Device License

New Application Fees: Fees Vary HOW TO APPLY
Application Reviewed Within: 30 Days AFTER YOU APPLY


Consumer Affairs, Department of City
A Temporary Amusement Device license is required for a business that manually, mechanically, or electrically operates a device or ride that would carry and convey passengers along, around, or over a defined area for entertainment purposes during public events that would not exceed 14 calendar days for each event. Examples of temporary amusement devices include Ferris Wheels, Tilt-A-Whirls, mobile roller coasters and other rides commonly erected for street fairs, carnivals, or block parties.
The New York City Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) issues this license.

Next: Apply

NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP)
Licensing Center
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Temporary Amusement Device License
Website: http://www.nyc.gov/consumers

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.