Tandem Trailer Permit



Thruway Authority State
This permit allows for the travel of long combination vehicles (LCV) on the New York State Thruway. These vehicles are also called "tandem trailers."

All drivers must register with the New York State Thruway Authority before driving. Businesses must certify all tractors, trailers, and dollies with the Authority before use.

For more information, contact:

NYS Thruway Authority
Department of Operations, Office of Traffic Management
200 Southern Boulevard
Albany, NY 12201
Phone: (800) 468-9946
Commercial Vehicle Info (518) 436-2793
Over-Dimensional Permits (518) 436-2793
Special Hauling Permits (518) 436-2793

Website: http://www.thruway.ny.gov/

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.