Special Hauling Permit



Thruway Authority State
Oversize vehicles need a Special Hauling Permit to drive on the New York State Thruway. The permit must be issued before the vehicle uses the Thruway.

For more information, contact:

NYS Thruway Authority
Department of Operations, Office of Traffic Management
200 Southern Boulevard
Albany, NY 12201
Phone: (800) 468-9946
Commercial Vehicle Info (518) 436-2793
Over-Dimensional Permits (518) 436-2793
Special Hauling Permits (518) 436-2793

Website: http://www.thruway.ny.gov/

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.