Salvage Pool, Official Business Registration



Motor Vehicles, Department of State
Businesses that sell junk and salvage vehicles or major car components must register as salvage pool businesses. Registration is made with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
Bureau of Consumer and Facility Services
Empire State Plaza
P.O. Box 2700
Albany, NY 12220-0700
Phone: (518) 474-0919
Fax: (518) 473-0160

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.