X-Ray Machines and Particle Accelerators for Non-Human Use, Registration of



Labor, Department of State
Businesses that operate radiation-emitting devices must have a qualified person designated to oversee safety. Businesses must also register commercial X-ray equipment with New York State.

Businesses must register their equipment with the City at the following link as Radiation Producing Equipment. They must register with New York State at the following link as a Radiation Installation. Businesses may also need the Radioactive Materials License.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Labor
Division of Safety and Health, Radiological Health Unit
State Office Building Campus, Building 12
Room 169
Phone: (518) 457-2735
Website: https://www.labor.state.ny.us

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.