Radiologic Technologist License



Health, Department of State
A person needs a Radiologic Technologist License to practice radiography on people. This license is from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).

Separate licenses exist for diagnostic and therapeutic use of radiography.

License holders must register with the NYSDOH.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Health
Bureau of Environmental Radiation Protection
Empire State Plaza, Corning Tower
12th Floor, Room 1221
Albany, NY 12237
Phone: (800) 458-1158

Or: (518) 402-7580


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.