Property / Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers



Insurance Department State
Businesses or individuals that sell or transact property insurance need a license in New York State. Different licenses exist for agents, who sell insurance, and brokers, who manage transactions.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services
Property Bureau
One Commerce Plaza, 20th Floor
Albany, NY 12257
Phone: (518) 474-6628

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.