Private School Agent Certificate



Education, Department of State
Anyone who recruits students to attend a private adult school or trade school needs a certificate. This certificate allows the holder to be a private school agent. This certificate is issued by the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

Applicants can also renew their certificates online at Click the following link to access

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department (NYSED)
Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision
99 Washington Avenue, Room 1613 OCP
Albany, NY 12234
Phone: (518) 474-3969
Fax: (518) 473-3644

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.