Pharmacist Professional License



Education, Department of State
Pharmacists in New York need a license from the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

There are educational, experience, and exam requirements. Intern permits are available for students and applicants to practice pharmacy under supervision. Applicants from other states can transfer their license to New York.

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Phone: (518) 474-3817
Fax: (518) 402-2323
TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.