Permit to Use a Hydrant



Environmental Protection, Department of City
Businesses wishing to use water from a City fire hydrant require a Non-Premises Permit from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). This permit grants access to hydrant water for a specific period of time and requires payment in advance on a 'per day of use' basis. See Rules Governing and Restricting the Use and Supply of Water.

Next: Apply

NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
Customer Service Center
59-17 Junction Boulevard, 13th Floor
For further assistance, please call 311 and ask for: Department of Environmental Protection

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.