Permit to Manufacture and / or Wholesale Alcoholic Beverages



Liquor Authority State
Businesses need the appropriate permit to manufacture or wholesale alcohol in New York State. Permits are issued by the New York State Liquor Authority.

Alcohol manufacturers include:
  • distilleries;
  • farm wineries;
  • microwineries;
  • cider producers;
  • breweries; and
  • microbreweries.
Contact the State Liquor Authority for more information on the requirements for each type of manufacturing facility.

Alcohol wholesalers include beer or cider wholesalers, liquor distributors / wholesalers, and wine wholesalers.

For more information, contact:

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1
163 W 125th Street
New York, NY 10027
Phone: (518) 474-3114

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.