Industrial Homework, Permit to Distribute



Labor, Department of State
Businesses that provide employees industrial work to do at home need a permit. This permit is from the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL).

Employers must have this permit before providing materials for or ordering the work. Piece-work is covered by this permit.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Labor
Division of Labor Standards
State Office Building Campus, Building 12
Albany, NY 12240
Phone: (888) 469-7365
Website: httpa://

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.