Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) Facility Permit



Environmental Conservation, Department of State
Businesses need a permit from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to build a regulated medical waste (RMW) facility.

Other laws apply to RMW nationally. Click the following link for for more information on Federal requirements.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
Division of Materials Management, Bureau of Waste Reduction & Recycling
625 Broadway
Albany, NY 12233-7253
Phone: (518) 402-8706

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) - Region 2 Office
Division of Environmental Permits
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
Phone: (718) 482-4900

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.