Permanent Amusement Ride Installation and Inspections



Buildings, Department of City
All amusement rides in New York City, such as ferris wheels and carousels, must be inspected by the Department of Buildings (DOB) and licensed by the Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP).

Contact each Department for more information.

Elevator/Escalator/Amusement Ride Questions:
For contact information please visit the Agency Contacts by Borough and Unit link above.

NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP)
Licensing Center
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.