A business can receive up to $100,000 in incentives. If eligibility requirements are met, NYSERDA will pay 50% of a new employee's wage for up to 16 weeks. For employees from certain groups, NYSERDA will pay for up to 24 weeks.
Businesses must provide services in one of the following sectors to be eligible:
- high efficiency heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC);
- renewable heating and cooling;
- high efficiency water heating;
- insulation and air sealing;
- high efficiency lighting and controls;
- building automation and controls;
- smart grid;
- energy storage; or
- related services.
Businesses must also:
- have fewer than 100 employees; or
- only apply for benefits for workers from certain groups, listed below.
NYSERDA will pay up to $100,000 total. NYSERDA will pay the lower amount of 50% of an employee's wages for 16 weeks, or $16 per hour. The time extends to 24 weeks for employees from certain groups.
The groups prioritized by NYSERDA are:
- Native Americans (enrolled with a tribal authority);
- People with disabilities;
- Low-income individuals at or below 60% of state median income (currently $27,811 per year);
- Unemployed power plant workers;
- People who have been incarcerated before; and/or
- People between ages 18 and 24 who are part of work training programs.
Large businesses can receive benefits for employees who are members of these groups. Benefits for these groups extend up to 24 weeks.
NYSERDA and the New York State Department of Labor reviews all applications.
New York City Office
485 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1006
Phone: (212) 971-5342
Fax: (518) 862-1091