Nursing Home Administrator, License to Practice



Health, Department of State
A person needs a Nursing Home Administrator License to administer a nursing home. This license comes from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).

Applicants must meet educational and experience requirements, and pass an exam. Educational and experience requirements must be complete before the exam.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Health
Bureau of Credentialing
875 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
Phone: (518) 408-1297

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.