Massage Therapy License



Education, Department of State
A person must have a Massage Therapy License to work as a massage therapist, masseur, or masseuse in New York State. This license is issued by the New York State Department of Education (NYSDOE).

Applicants must have completed course work in massage therapy.

A person must have a license to use the titles "massage therapist," "masseur," or "masseuse" in New York State. Anyone licensed in another state can apply to have their license endorsed in New York.

For more information, contact:

NYS Education Department
Office of the Professions
Registration Unit, State Education Building
2nd Floor
Phone: (518) 474-3817
Fax: (518) 402-2323
TDD/TTY: (518) 473-1426


Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.