Independent Adjuster License, Entity



Insurance Department State
This license allows an entity (corporation, partnership or limited liability company) to act on behalf of an insurer to investigate and adjust claims that arise under insurance contracts issued by the insurer, and also to investigate and adjust claims on behalf of any other independent adjuster.

Contact the New York State Department of Financial Services for more information.

NYS Department of Financial Services
Licensing Bureau
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Phone: (518) 474-6630

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.