Hypodermic Syringes and Needles, Certificate of Need to Possess



Health, Department of State
Businesses and people that need hypodermic syringes for professional reasons need a certificate. The certificate comes from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).

Needles can be used for healthcare, educational, industrial, commercial, or agricultural activities. Personal users and pet owners are not eligible.

Farmers engaged in livestock production or persons supplying farmers engaged in livestock production are not required to hold a Certificate of Need.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Health (DOH)
Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement
Riverview Center
150 Broadway
Albany, NY 12237
Phone: (866) 811-7957
Fax: (518) 402-0709
Website: http://www.health.state.ny.us

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.