Highway Work Permit for Non-Utility Work



Transportation, Department of State
Work that impacts a state-managed road needs a permit. If utilities are not involved, then one must apply for this permit from the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT).

Applications differ for driveways for residences and businesses, and other work.

Additional resources

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Transportation
General Information
50 Wolf Road
Albany, NY 12232
Phone: (518) 457-6195
Website: https://www.dot.ny.gov

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.