Hazardous Substance Bulk Storage Registration Certificate



Environmental Conservation, Department of State
Businesses or individuals need a Registration Certificate to store hazardous substances in bulk. This certificate is issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

These substances include pesticides, gasoline, fertilizers, and other materials. Consult the DEC's full list for information.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
Division of Environmental Remediation, Bureau of Spill Prevention and Response
1 Hunter's Point Plaza
47-40 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11101-5407
Phone: (718) 482-4651

Chemical or oil spills hotline: (800) 457-7362

Website: http://www.dec.ny.gov

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.