Guide License



Environmental Conservation, Department of State
People who want to offer wilderness guide services need a Guide License. This license is issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

Covered activities include fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, canoeing, rafting, rock climbing, and ice climbing.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
Division of Forest Protection and Fire Management
Guide License Unit
625 Broadway, 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12233-2560
Phone: (518) 402-8838
Fax: (518) 402-8840

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.