Grocery and Drug Store Beer and Wine Product License



Liquor Authority State
Grocery and drug stores selling beer, cider, and wine products for consumption in New York State need the appropriate license. These businesses need either the Grocery and Drug Store Beer/Wine Products License or the Grocery Store Beer/Wine Products License. These licenses are issued by the New York State Liquor Authority (SLA).

Food and drugs together must be more than 50% of the inventory. Alcoholic beverages cannot be more than 25% of the inventory. Beer, cider, or wine must be less than 6% alcohol.

Contact the SLA for more information.

For more information, contact:

New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Zone 1
163 W 125th Street
New York,NY10027
Phone: (518) 474-3114

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.