Frozen Desserts, License to Manufacture Wholesale



Agriculture and Markets, Department of State
Businesses need this license to manufacture frozen desserts in New York State. This license is issued by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.

Frozen desserts include:
  • ice cream;
  • frozen custard;
  • ice milk;
  • freezer-made shakes;
  • sorbet;
  • frozen confections; and
  • all similar products, with or without dairy.
Each business location needs a separate application.

For more information, contact:

NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets
Division of Milk Control
10B Airline Drive
Phone: (518) 457-1772

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.