Federal Firearms License



Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Bureau of Federal
Businesses that wish to sell or manufacture firearms or ammunition in the United States must have a Federal Firearms License. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) issues the license.

Supporting materials, including a fingerprint card and a background check, are required. Applicants may also be interviewed.

Licensees should report any firearm thefts to the ATF within 48 hours.

For more information, contact:

U.S. Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Federal Firearms Licensing Center
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405
Phone: (866) 662-2750
Fax: (866) 257-2749
Website: http://www.atf.gov/

Learn which permits, licenses and regulations matter to you

Use the Step by Step tool to get an exhaustive list of requirements that matter to you.